Obviously, this wouldn't be called an archive if
I didn't welcome the submissions of all the aspiring lyric writers out
there. If you want to submit a song for inclusion in the archive, please
heed the following:
- This is a highly selective process. I encourage you to send
something in if you have it, but I will not put everything I get up.
If I decide that it needs work, I will try to make time to work with
you on it.
- Please consider all poetic elements when writing lyrics, including
meter, stressed and unstressed syllables, and rhyming pattern. None of
this is required, but chopping up a translation and making it the same
number of syllables as the melody does not constitute songwriting.
- For best results, use the writing basics as a guideline to
- If you're in the middle of a song and reached a tricky part that
you can't seem to get past, I'm willing to help you try to get around,
assuming I have the time.
- If I'm not familiar with the song you're doing... it's both an
advantage and a disadvantage. The good news is that I'm more tolerant
when it comes to the poetic elements. The bad news is that I'll still
check the Japanese lyrics to see how well it fits.
- If you submit a song, I am basically taking it to mean that I have
your permission to post it. Any changes besides obvious typos will be
consulted with you first. You retain ownership of the English lyrics,
and will receive full credit on the site.
- Please e-mail all submissions to